Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Canon rebel T2i, cant get it my computer to recognise my camera

Canon rebel T2i, cant get it my computer to recognise my camera when using the EOS software.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can I confirm you did the steps listed on my link below before connecting it to the computer? The last step refers to windows, but it is exactly the same for Mac

Click me to view

Let me know please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I followed all the instructions but we are still having problems. I have managed to link the camera to the computer and it has taken a photo but then it just stopes working. It wont even let me close EOS utility. I have to force quit. Then When I re open the EOS utility a menu comes up, it has a control camera option or accessories option. Under Control camera it will only let me click on the Monitor folder. This only allows me to change where the photos are downloaded to on my computer. It will not open the actual camera.

The camera is linked as it shows up in my I photos. Im not sure what to try next.

Do you have a service where we can pay someone to come to us at our studio for a charge and get it working ?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

We are not able to make onsite visit, but can you try another cable with the canon Mel, for connecting it to the computer.

Do you still have the same problem?