Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

how do i change the colour on my canon pixma pro to suit my

Customer Question

how do i change the colour on my canon pixma pro9000 to suit my nikon d600 and my d2x cameras

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The answer to your question depends upon what program you are printing from. Please tell me about that aspect of the question a bit. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Russell.

I have three programmes on my computer, picasa, lightroom 3.6 and

nikon view nx2 which I hope to use. I hope this information is useful.

You can use various color profiles, dependent upon what sort of computer (Windows or Apple) you are printing from.

Since the details about the use of color profiles for printing, and for your monitor (i.e. the display on your screen) differ from Windows PCs to Apple computers, somewhat, I need to know which kind of computer you have, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello russell the programs i am using on my computer is at the moment is
nikon viewnx2 and this is the program i wish to use correctly

Please: What kind of computer do you have?

Apple differs from Windows PC.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is my computer, packard bell it's a easy note te69kb series amd dual
core prosser, ei/2500, 4gb, ddr3, L mem​ory 500gb,hdd

Thank you for the information.

Please tell me the Windows version on your PC: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista perhaps, or Windows XP?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 8.1

Thank you for the information.

Try this:

click on the Start button, go to
Control Panel, go to
Hardware and Sound, go to
Color Management.

Click on the Devices tab.
From the Device list, click on the device that you wish to associate with a given color profile.
(For instance, your printer.)
Click upon Use my settings for this device.
Then click Add, then in the 'Associate Color Profile' dialog box, either click upon a custom color profile in the list, or click on Browse and locate the custom color profile that you want to use, and then click Add.
This associates a color profile with the device (for instance your printer), and tells Windows (or tells that program through Windows) that you want to associate that device with that color profile.

(You can also set the color profile as the Default profile for the selected device (for instance your printer) by clicking on Set As Default Profile.

How this works for you, depends upon what color profile you have selected, to some extent (given that this is for a printer) upon what paper you are using (sometimes color profiles are associated with printers), and upon the ultimate judge of its worth, you and your eye for color rendering.

Also: you may find it better to associate your printer with no color profile (in Windows, in the settings above) whatsoever.