michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

Hi I have a canon pixma 620 printer and it is bring up an error

Hi I have a canon pixma 620 printer and it is bring up an error :- " U052
The type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head".

Unfortunatly I am not available to take calls but could you email me please *****@******.*** with the solution to this error.

Thank you in anticipation
Lesley Wells
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 3 years ago.

michelleclive :

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

michelleclive :

The error code U052 is a printhead temperature sensor error.

This usually results due to a faulty printhead or a failing sensor which needs service or replacement of faulty parts.

However, you may try the below intermediate steps

turn off the unit....unplug the power cable
now remove the cartridge...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol

also reseat the printhead.

turn on unit and check

if still the issue repeats then the unit would need service as it could be either a faulty printhead or a sensor failing.

in such a case if unit is within warranty please get it serviced through canon else take a service estimate cost from a local repair store as in case its a printhead failure you may get it replaced. however, in case its a sensor failure, the repair might be costly and you may consider going in for a new unit

let me know if you have any queries

michelleclive :

you may call canon to get the details of the nearest service center at below number

michelleclive :

+44 (0) 20 7660 0186

michelleclive :

let me now if you have any questions

michelleclive :

please rate my answer with a smiley face below if your question has been answered. if not, let me know and i will assist further

michelleclive :

i would appreciate if you would rate my answer to this question considering that in case of hardware faults i can tell what part is faulty but cannot make a bad part work again

michelleclive :

you may click on a smiley face below now do let me know if you face any difficulty in clicking on the smiley face