nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Other
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I just installed new print head for Canon iP5200. It makes

Customer Question

I just installed new print head for Canon iP5200. It makes all the whirring noises - and pulls a sheet through. But the test page is blank. Any help much appreciated. thanks
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 2 years ago.

nathan_mills :

nathan_mills :

First of all check whether there are any items in the print queue?

nathan_mills :

Then directly give the print command to a document and see if it prints or not/

nathan_mills :

Did you remove all the plastic covering from the cartridges? Take them out and check there are no bits of plastic left and make sure you don't touch any of the print nozzles

JACUSTOMER-lvz3ou04- :

there wasn't anything in print queue

JACUSTOMER-lvz3ou04- :

tried printing test page and another page I needed printing

JACUSTOMER-lvz3ou04- :

Both have come out blank

JACUSTOMER-lvz3ou04- :

I didn't load any new cartridges - so they couldn't have plastic. I rechecked the print head - and the new one looks exactly the same as the one I have taken out -- nothing that looks like plastic. I have taken it out of foil packaging and out of orange cradle and re-.loaded. Just all still blank.

nathan_mills :

It seems the contacts on the print head are damaged and you have to replace the print head to resolve the issue, but before that you can follow the steps below to remove the print head and then cleaning the copper contacts on them with a cotton swab dampened in distilled water until they are clean, after drying them reset the print head and check the issue. If the problem persist, then replace the print head to resolve the issue.

nathan_mills :

Remove the print head or ink tanks properly following the procedure below.

1. Confirm that the printer is powered on and open the top cover. The print head moves to the replacement position.

Note: When the top cover is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the top cover, and open it again.

2. Open the paper output tray and pull down the inner cover.

3. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.

Note: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. When replacing multiple ink tanks, make sure to replace one by one.

nathan_mills :

Full Size Image

nathan_mills :

4. When removing the print head, raise the print head lock lever first.

nathan_mills :

Full Size Image

nathan_mills :

To reinstall the Print Head and Ink Tanks

1. Place the print head in the holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.

nathan_mills :

Full Size Image

nathan_mills :

2. Insert ink tanks into the print head.

Press the mark 'PUSH' on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.

nathan_mills :

Full Size Image

nathan_mills :

3. Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.

nathan_mills :

Full Size Image

nathan_mills :

<1> The ink tanks are installed properly.

<2> The ink tanks are not installed properly.

Note: <Ink Tank Lamp> You can check the status of each ink tank according to the way its lamp flashes.

- On: The printer is ready to print.

- Slow flashing (at about three second interval): Ink is low. Prepare a new ink tank.

- Fast flashing (at about one second interval): Ink tank is empty, or the printer is not ready due to an error.

- Off: An error has occurred and the printer is not ready to print.

4. Put back the inner cover and close the top cover.

Note: When starting printing next time, the print head cleaning launches automatically.
During the print head cleaning, the Power lamp flashes green. Do not do other operations until the flashes stops.

JACUSTOMER-lvz3ou04- :

sorry - I have bought a new print head...That is what I took out of the wrapping. Should have said I check the NEW print head for any wayward plastic. I did the cleaning of the old print before ordering new print head and that didn't help. New print head arrived today - I installed it - and got blanks sheets. That's when I logged in to your site.

JACUSTOMER-lvz3ou04- :

I'm getting quite slick at installing ink cartridges and the print head (I think)

JACUSTOMER-lvz3ou04- :

there is nothing wrong with ink tanks - I'm sure the problem is in the print head and/or how I am installing it - but I am putting it in as the reverse of how I got it out

JACUSTOMER-lvz3ou04- :

anyone there? I'm still getting completely blank pages...

JACUSTOMER-lvz3ou04- :

Someone there? Surely I haven't paid £15 to check no plastic is on new print head?

JACUSTOMER-lvz3ou04- :

any thoughts?

JACUSTOMER-lvz3ou04- :

I'm still getting blank pages -

JACUSTOMER-lvz3ou04- :

I started this an hour ago - nothing is working - is someone reading my messages, please?

JACUSTOMER-lvz3ou04- :

I'm doing save and exit - happy to have an email or text 07974 787666 when you have another idea. Right now all I can see is I need to take printer back to Staples and see if they can help... Haven't got very far with JustAnswer - yet

nathan_mills :

I have opted out. Some other expert will assist you further.

nathan_mills :