hsroy79
hsroy79, Other
Experience:  Camra Technician
34714361

I have an EOS1000D camera which still takes photographs but

I have an EOS1000D camera which still takes photographs but I can only use the optical viewfinder the LCD screen displays the settings but when I press the shutter button halfway it doesn't allow me to see what I wan to photograph. I've looked at the guide and reset the default settings following the instructions but this hasn't sorted the problem - help please Gareth Cockcroft
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  hsroy79 replied 3 years ago.

I am himadri..

Do you want LIVE VIEW Shooting of your camera ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not a technical person all I want is to be able to use the LCD screen as my viewfinder

Expert:  hsroy79 replied 3 years ago.

1. Set the camera's power switch to ON . 2. Set the to a Creative Zone (P). 3. Press the button. 4. Press the to select the [ SETTING ] tab. Next press the to select the [Live View function settings], then press the button. 5. Press the to select [Live View shoot] from the displayed menu item, and then press the button. 6. Press the to select [Enable]. 7. Press the button. Make sure that [Live View shoot-Enable] is set, and then press the button twice. 8. Make sure that the menu display disappears, and then press the button. > The Live View image will appear on the LCD monitor. > The Live View image will reflect the brightness level of the actual image you capture. Please try and let me know the result...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

3 which button do I press -if I press the shutter button the display disappears and I can't get any further

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have now succeeded in getting the Live View image on the screen. Many thanks

Expert:  hsroy79 replied 3 years ago.
Ok. If you want to know anything else about your camera then please feel free and let me know...

Thanks for trying Just Answer..