SkillJim
SkillJim, Gadget Guru
Experience:  Is experienced in the use of digital cameras, and also the technical side.
74775890

the automatic focus has stopped working on my canon eos 1100

the automatic focus has stopped working on my canon eos 1100 is this a fault or could i have turned it off accidentaly
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  SkillJim replied 3 years ago.
Hi there, thank you for contacting justanswer today!

My name is ***** ***** I will try and help you with your problem.

There is a switch on the attached lens called the Focus Mode Switch. This switch has 2 positions. AF, or MF. AF stands for Auto Focus, and MF stands for Manual Focus. This switch needs to be in the AF position for the Auto Focus to operate.

This is an image of where you can find the Focus Mode switch on your lens:

graphic

When this switch is in the AF position you can press the shutter button halfway to activate the auto focus before pressing fully to take a photo.

If you have any difficulty locating this switch, or the switch is in the AF position and your auto focusing still is not functioning, please do not hesitate to reply back to me before leaving feedback.

If this helped solved your problem then please rate my service below, as this would be very much appreciated!

All the best,
James.