Viet - Camera Tech
Viet - Camera Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot digital cameras.
30037186

I have owned a Canon PowerShot-G3 for many years and have never

Customer Question

I have owned a Canon PowerShot-G3 for many years and have never had any problem. Today when preparing to take a photo I had a warning 'CF card full' and was unable to take a photograph.
Can you please advise me what that message means and what do I have to do to allow me to take photos and the message disappear.

Irwin Bragg
*****@******.***
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Viet - Camera Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. If you need any photo on the camera, then connect it to the computer and download/transfer first. Then please do the following to format the memory card:

- Press the MENU button
, then use the Left / Right Arrow buttons to select the menu tab Set up (wrench / tool icon)
, then use the Up / Down Arrow buttons to select option Format
, then press the SET button
, then use the Left / Right Arrow button to select OK
, then press the SET button

, then you should be able to take pictures now.

If needed, try with another CF memory card (also format it as needed) if you have.

Edit: It looks like you are not there; when you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,