Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

My Canon 70-200mm keeps giving me Error 1. Ive tried various

My Canon 70-200mm keeps giving me Error 1. I've tried various methods to fix this.
However, it still functions but only at 2.8.
Any help much appreciated. Thanks
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

This is caused by a damaged or defective flex cable connecting the power diaphram to the main circuit board in the lens. These go bad all the time and require replacement.

This really isn’t a user serviceable problem and should be repaired by a qualified technician. Your best bet would be to check locally for a camera repair shop in your area. If you need assistance locating a shop near you, please let me know and I'll locate one for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Rick.

I do go to a camera repair place but they tend to charge the earth, which is why I came on here. Now that I know what the problem is I can make sure that is all they repair and not find other 'faults'.

Thanks for your help.

Marilyn