RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

After 5 years of uploading pictures from my f47fd camera, I

After 5 years of uploading pictures from my f47fd camera, I now find that the software for fine-pix CX version 5.3i for windows no longer works automatically and I cannot upload manually either> Can you assist please ?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 3 years ago.

First, if you have not already done so, download and install the Finepix updated driver at the link below. The original software from your disc needs to be updated.

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/finepix_viewer/ver55win/index.html

Next, because the recent security updates to the Windows operating system and virus protection programs interfere with the camera connections. I have seen many cases where the connection worked one day and would not work the next. Some manual set up may be required to get the camera to connect. See Below

First, restart you computer. Then with the camera on and connected with the usb cable, repeat the process that you went through before by, going to [Start] control panel, ( In Windows 7 select show all options) scanners and cameras and try to connect through the wizard. If unsuccessful, the last place to look is in the device manager. Go to back Control Panel, double click the System icon and select Device Manager. Under the heading Imaging Devices you may now find the camera, possibly with a yellow triangle with an exclamation point. Click on Imaging devices (the words will highlight), then go up and click on Action and select "scan for hardware changes". You may need to repeat this a few times. The camera may then appear under the heading. You can also delete it and allow the computer to try to provide the correct driver. You may need to do this every time you switch cameras. If you are trying to use the Finepix Viewer, open the program and try to connect.

While not the most popular suggestion, the one, you mentioned, depending on your computer configuration may still be the only way around the problem. As an alternative, because of multiple compatibility issues with the camera connections and current operating systems, my other suggestion is to get an inexpensive usb memory card reader. You can take your memory card from the camera and plug it into the computer. The card will show up as a removable drive in "My Computer" and you can copy the photo files to a folder on your hard drive and view and print them from Windows or still even transfer them from the card into Finepix Viewer, if that is what you use. Personally, I prefer this method due to the simplicity and reduced wear and tear on the camera.

Please keep in mind that my diagnosis & solutions provided are directly dependent on the accuracy of your description of the problem. As with any "do it yourself" fixes, success is a "team effort", since I can't see or touch the camera, and relies on the customer's manual dexterity and ability to follow the instructions well.

If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied.

If, and only if my answer to your question is helpful and you are Satisfied with it, please leave Positive Feedback. Thank you