Steve G.
Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company.
329447

hi , i cannot change the language setting on my camera - powershot

hi , i cannot change the language setting on my camera - powershot sx510 HS - I've tried doing it like the manual instructs but there is just Korean / Chinese Language and no options for English. Hope you can help, thanks, Tom
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 years ago.
Hello there Tom and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Now..did you purchase this camera in the UK or somewhere else. If somewhere else, where exactly?

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I purchased the camera in Hong Kong via Internet and now realising this is mistake - is there no way to change language still.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 years ago.
Camera manufacturers purposefully restrict their cameras destined for the 'home market' by limiting the language selection. This is to restrict gray market sales.

I see this question all the time and you are correct, unfortunately there is no way to remedy the issue. I wish I had a better answer for you.

If there is anything else I can do, please let me know,

Steve