Dan
Dan, Camera and Video Technician
Experience:  25 Years CCTV, CATV, and SMATV setup and installation.
1567601

canon xf 305 I received my new camcorder yesterday only to

Customer Question

canon xf 305 I received my new camcorder yesterday only to find one cf slot is responding, slot A is coming up error and will not initialize I have tried changing cards I am using sandisk extreme pro 64 gb udma 7. I am a beginner so have just followed manual instruction. can you help?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, I would be happy to help you today. Most likely one of the pins is bent or out of alignment and is not making contact with the card. Open the slot cover and use a flashlight to take a look. You may be able to re-position it to allow it to make contact. If not and since it is new, you might want to consider contacting the retailer you bought it from to see about exchanging it.