hsroy79
hsroy79, Other
Experience:  Camra Technician
34714361

I have a canon Pixma MP970 printer that is about 4 years old

I have a canon Pixma MP970 printer that is about 4 years old it has been very reliable all this time but just recently every time I switch it on I get a message come up on the printer screen saying "The ink absorber is almost full, press OK to continue printing, contact the service center" can you help please?
My email address is *****@******.*** my name is***** no.
01453 543596.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  hsroy79 replied 3 years ago.
Hi Edward ,

I am himadri..

first of all please turn off the unit and unplug the power cable now remove the cartridge...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and front
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol once these steps have been done follow the below steps as well manually move the printhead to far left on the far right there is a little white plastic tab that is spring loaded just check that if its not getting jammed
push the tab towards the front of the printer once done just turn on and check the status
and let me know the result...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry hsroy I tried followed your instruction, but cannot manually move the

printhead back & front so I took the cartridges out and cleaned all the contacts on the printhead and cartridges this has had no helpful effect.

Thanks Edward.

Expert:  hsroy79 replied 3 years ago.
If you still face the same issue, then it is an issue with the purge unit and if the unit is within warranty cover please contact Canon and get the unit serviced if not, you need to contact a repair tech for physical replacement of the part..however, my personal suggestion is that a repair will not be cost effective you can get a new unit at almost the same or little more cost