Steve G.
Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company.
329447

when I have taken a shot and then take another the card access

when I have taken a shot and then take another the card access lamp keeps blinking. why is this happening?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 years ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

What is the make and model of the camera, and more importantly, what is the make, model and speed of the card?

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Olympus E450 with an Olympus XD 2GB card

Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 years ago.
The speed of an xD card is less than 10% of a modern SD card. By speed, I am referring to how fast the card can read and write.

Your camera also accepst Compact Flash (CF) cards. These are much quicker and using one should result in less buffering by the camera.

Can you get hold of a CF card and give it try?

When you do, please let me know your findings.

Steve