RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

My camera is FinePix F660EXR and I have loads of acceptable

My camera is FinePix F660EXR and I have loads of acceptable pictures from it. Since when I'm not sure but it now bleaches out the image as seen on screen and as recorded, looking like overexposed were it a film camera. I've flogged through every mode to try and beat it. I wonder if there is an overriding setting that might correct this or maybe the chips wear out?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 2 years ago.
i,

If you have not already done so, go to the Setup menu and select Reset All. The camera initialization process can, in some cases, restore proper operation. If the reset does not solve the issue, then, unfortunately, the symptoms indicate that there is a problem with the ccd (the light sensitive chip that produces the image)or the connection to it (same basic concept as the global shutter), Fujifilm repair is really the only option and while your camera is not on the list of cameras on the free repair program, the information at the links below does fully explain the problem and tells how camera makers handled it. Since more and more newer models have the identical problem the info may give you some leverage with Fuji. You are now the 3rd person in a three month period, with a Fuji camera that I have advised of this problem. Click on or copy and paste the link into your browser

http://www.imaging-resource.com/badccds.html

Please keep in mind that my diagnosis & solutions provided are directly dependent on the accuracy of your description of the problem. As with any "do it yourself" fixes, success is a "team effort", since I can't see or touch the camera, and relies on the customer's manual dexterity and ability to follow the instructions well.

If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied.

If, and only if my answer to your question is helpful and you are Satisfied with it, please leave Positive Feedback. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I found a Reset and 'pressed' that but going outside the scene looks much the same. As well as the general washed out look light areas ie just a bit more light on a part of a leaf come out white on green rather than two shades.

Expert:  RUSSTING replied 2 years ago.
Because your camera is only about 2 years old and the fact that this is not a normal failure for a unit that is this new, I would contact Fujifilm, using the information at the link below and pressure them a little. They may give you some reasonable consideration or compensation for this issue.

http://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/support/consumer-products/digital-cameras/