michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

error 5011 on Pixma MG4250. Have tried swithing off the power

error 5011 on Pixma MG4250.
Have tried swithing off the power and unplugging device
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
michelleclive :

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

michelleclive :

The error code is a service error indicating that the unit needs service.
The error indicates 2 possibilities, either their is something stuck or a sensor has faulted.

Please try the below steps
first of all please turn off the unit....unplug the power cable
now remove the cartridge...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
Now check the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved for any stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it.
once done turn the unit back on and check

michelleclive :

if even after performing the above steps, the error continues,then If the unit is within warranty cover get the unit serviced through Canon
If the unit is out of warranty, then you may contact a local repair store for service.
However, sensors repairs\replacement in such case is costly and it is more cost effective to opt in for a new unit.
let me know if you have any questions

michelleclive :

please click on a smiley face below if your question has been answered; else let me know if you have any more questions

michelleclive :

Please do consider while rating that in case of hardware faults, i can diagnose and suggest intermediate fix steps only but cannot fix a mechanical fault or make a bad part work again

michelleclive :

thanks for choosing just answer

michelleclive :

you may click on a smiley face below now

Customer:

Hi Michelle

michelleclive :

hi

Customer:

not helped

michelleclive :

did you try the steps i gave above

Customer:

yes

michelleclive :

does it repeat the same error code of 5011 or a different one

Customer:

yes

michelleclive :

in that case its a hardware fault with the unit maybe a sensor or a mechanical jam

michelleclive :

however you may try one more thing

michelleclive :

turn off unit and unplug power cord

michelleclive :

lift the printer upside down and shake a bit so that if anything is stuck it gets dislodged

michelleclive :

once done turn printer back on and check

michelleclive :

let me know if error comes back or goes off

Customer:

same error back

michelleclive :

how old is this printer

Customer:

15mths

michelleclive :

so its out of warranty

Customer:

yes

michelleclive :

in that case i would suggest to get the printers erviced through any local printer repair store

Customer:

ok thanks

michelleclive :

let me know if you have any other questions

michelleclive :

michelleclive :

thanks for choosing just answer

michelleclive :

michelleclive, Other
Experience: Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.