Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I have canon eos 600d. recently bought a couple of months ago.

I have canon eos 600d. recently bought a couple of months ago. I am getting error message 20 on it, the manual and error message tells me to charge battery and re install and take memory card in and out. have done both. when I switch it on it sounds like its taking lots of rapid pictures and then the error message pops up again. thanks
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Error 20 is a general mechanical error. Please try reseating the lens when you reseat the memory card and battery as well.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi sorry for taking so long to get back to you, it doesn't seem to do anything different. when you say reseating lens did you mean taking it off and putting it back on?? that's what I did. cheers

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Yes but you would want to check around the edges and make sure there is no dust or anything like that before putting it back on. You woule want to check the contacts in the camera for the battery for corrosion as well.
.