Nick H.
Nick H., Hobbyist
Experience:  Working with Digital Cameras for the last 5 years.
63271161

My Samsung NX1000 wont turn on. The green light comes on

Customer Question

My Samsung NX1000 won't turn on. The green light comes on when I turn it to 'on' but nothing else happens, and when I turn it to 'off' the green light stays on. It is fully charged and I've also changed the battery. What's wrong and how do I fix it?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What kind of battery did you replace it with? How old is the camera?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We bought the camera second hand, we've had it for 12 months and it has been fine. The serial no is A4AWCNQC800207E. The battery is a Samsung BP1030 Li-ion battery
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I apologize butI need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

This seems to be a hardware issue. Please remove the battery from your Camera for 10 minutes. Put it back and turn on. Does your Camera turn on or make any noise/sound? Do the lens open?

Nick
Nick H., Hobbyist
Experience: Working with Digital Cameras for the last 5 years.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nothing at all happens now. No green light.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have now changed the (new)battery and the green light comes on but nothing else happens. Green light stays on when I switch it off.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks so much for your reply and update.

This means the lens or the camera's board are faulty. You should bring your camera to a local camera repair. They can open up and test/replace faulty part(s).

Thanks for your rating. No need to rate again. Thank you!

Nick