Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Years of experience helping consumers and businesses with their technology needs.
63083622

Hi on my canon 60D it says "card write protected " i have checked

Hi on my canon 60D it says "card write protected " i have checked that the little switch on side is on ,i tried all my cards i even bought new card still the same
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Wes replied 3 years ago.
Wes :

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please favorite or bookmark this page press CTRL+D, so you can return here if we get disconnected. Unfortunately this is a known issue with the Canon 60D series. There is no consumer fix for it, it needs to be sent into a Canon-authorized repair facility. There is one in Ireland, called Image Supply Systems. Their contact information is +353 1(###) ###-#### ********@******.***

Wes :

You also find information on the Canon repair process here: http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/Repair_Information.aspx
If your camera is still under warranty, it should be covered under the warranty. In fact, they may be aware of this issue and *might* be doing the repairs at no cost (it's worth asking). Try giving Canon a call at +353 (0) 16 990 990 and see if they will. I realize this was probably not the answer you wanted to hear and I can sympathize, I have a Canon 60Da myself and I imagine it'll only be a matter of time before I face this same issue myself.