RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

I have a finepix F500EXR I get !lens control error when I turn

I have a finepix F500EXR I get !lens control error when I turn on the camera.
Help needed as I am 67 and understand nothing about technology. Just so you know!
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 3 years ago.

First, if you purchased the camera, new, less than a year ago (not likely, but possible) it is under the Fujifilm 1 year warranty. As long as the problem is not the result of impact or abuse the cost, if any will be minimal.

If for whatever reason you cannot take the warranty route, please read on.

Lens errors are a common problem. It may be misaligned or an internal component has failed. Try canned compressed air around the lens barrel first. In addition, here are a couple of links to some other things to try. With newer cameras I am usually hesitant to suggest these options since they include some more extreme procedures that may cause further damage if not done correctly, but since you can't use the warranty, they may save you an expensive repair bill. An older Canon camera is used to demonstrate these procedures but, the lens structure of these compact cameras is the same so the examples do apply to this unit. These procedures are effective about 60% of the time. Click on or copy and paste the links into your browser.

Important: Please make sure that the battery is fully charged.

FIX 1

FIX 2

Please keep in mind that my diagnosis & solutions provided are directly dependent on the accuracy of your description of the problem. As with any "do it yourself" fixes, success is a "team effort", since I can't see or touch the camera, and relies on the customer's manual dexterity and ability to follow the instructions well.

If the "do it yourself" approach doesn't work out for you and you need conventional repair, please let me know.

If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert
Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is
complete and you are satisfied.

If, and only if my answer to your question is helpful and you are
Satisfied with it, please leave Positive Feedback. Thank you