Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have a Panasonic Limix DMC-TZ35. When trying to operate the

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Limix DMC-TZ35. When trying to operate the zoom, the lens extends for a fraction, then freezes and there is a 'system error (zoom)' message on the display. The camera will works normally provided the lens is not altered.
Any suggestions fora remedy?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it.

Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?
Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?
Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?

Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI Russell,

The camera is about 18 months old. It has been dropped on a couple of occasions, but has always worked properly aferwards. It hadn't been dropped immediately before the current malfunction.

The answer to your other questions are all negative.

Regards,

Geoff

Well, those few times it was dropped kind of told on the mechanism - perhaps fine particles were knocked loose inside the camera's mechanism or the lens assembly mechanism - and eventually it caused the current failure, in all likelihood.

You'll need the camera either repaired, or replaced, I think. At 18 months old, it is, unfortunately, out of warranty, so repair costs would be charged to you.

If you wish to engage Panasonic UK repair services, go to
http://panasonic.eu/ServiceCenter/en_GB/index_uk.html
and locate a service center near you (or let me know your town and region, and I will search for that information for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help - I suspected it might be the problem!!!

Geoff

You're welcome, Geoff.

Thank you for consulting JustAnswer.com. Please feel welcome to ask another question, at any time, in any one of our numerous categories.