Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Coolpix P80 camera - I hve just recently loaded a new card

Coolpix P80 camera - I hve just recently loaded a new card which is a Nikon and the correct type. After loading I turned the camera on and I can hear some whirring as if it wants to do something but on a screen comes up a warning about is the lens cap on and I should remove this. The lens cap is not on but the only way to stop the camera trying to do something (whirring noise) is to switch it off.
Any ideas on what I can do about this please.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You have done well as regards ***** ***** and your caution is laudable.

However, this sort of difficulty is internal, and I don't think there's much you can do about it, unfortunately.

Make sure nothing is obstructing the lens mechanism or the lens assembly.

Then to have it repaired (since this sort of problem is not readily user-repairable at all), contact Nikon repair at
http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Service-And-Support/Service-And-Repair.page

(If the camera is less than a year from its purchase date, and has been treated well, then the repair should be covered by warranty, and be free-of-charge to you.)

If this answers your question adequately, please rate my Answer - favorably I hope - so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your question. Thanks, ***** ***** luck!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Russell - if I may call you by your first name - thank you so much for the prompt reply. Right from the start I thought something dire had happened but hey ho I will do as you suggest and get on to the site suggested.

Many thanks for you help

Maggie

I don't know whether the problem your camera's lens mechanism is having would be called dire or not... it depends upon how much the repair costs. (Unless what you are saying is that the warranty coverage will cover it - if so, good news!)

Please rate my Answer - favorably I would expect - so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your question. Thanks.