Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have a canon 4250 printer with a fault code 5200 and want

I have a canon 4250 printer with a fault code 5200 and want to send it for repair. How do I do that from North Yorkshire?
*****@******.***
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

To order servicing from Canon UK, go to
http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/Repair_Information.aspx
and read the information there, then go to the Repair Form tab (right-most of three tabs on that page) and so forth.

FYI, the error 5200 *might* perhaps be cleared by this reset procedure:

Turn printer Off.
While Off, hold down the STOP button and hold it for a little bit, then press the On button and hold the On button and release the STOP button.
Press STOP 5 times then release both buttons together the last (5th) button-press.
After about 1 minutes, turn the printer Off for 1/2 minute or more, then you can turn it On. That may clear the error.

Warning: this works with a different model of Canon printer. So I don't advise trying it if your printer is still covered by warranty. It's a sort of last-ditch thing to try, if you wish to see whether you can save servicing costs or get through having it still work for you for a while.

Canon's own warranty (which does not apply to printers sold 'used' or 'as-is') is one year from date of original purchase.

If this answers your question adequately, please rate my Answer - favorably I hope - so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your question. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.