RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

on my finepix s9600 I have inserted crdad and swiched on wanting

on my finepix s9600 I have inserted crdad and swiched on wanting to erase photos , I am getting message card not initialized
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 3 years ago.

Do you wish to erase everything on the card?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Expert:  RUSSTING replied 3 years ago.
OK. The error that you are receiving can be caused by any of the factors shown below. If it still does not work after cleaning and formatting, it has failed due to age and you will need a new card.

graphic

You can format the card, in in the camera, using the instructions below. This will renew functionality and optimize its use with the camera.

With the card in the camera:

Press Menu/OK
Arrow up or down to "Set Up"
Arrow right once
Arrow left once to the page number tabs
Arrow down to the #3 tab
Arrow right once (This should put you at Format)
Select OK and press Menu/OK

Please keep in mind that my diagnosis & solutions provided are directly dependent on the accuracy of your description of the problem. As with any "do it yourself" fixes, success is a "team effort", since I can't see or touch the camera, and relies on the customer's manual dexterity and ability to follow the instructions well.

If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied.

If, and only if my answer to your question is helpful and you are Satisfied with it, please leave Positive Feedback. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Russ