Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Cannon Power Shot A360 . Has been great but now its slow ,

Cannon Power Shot A360 . Has been great but now its slow , takes several seconds to store the photo and prevents further photos till it has stored . Some settings like Landscape are fuzzy .
Have put new card in it and new batteries , but no better .
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think you may need to try a different memory card - the one you have in the camera may be defective, which often manifests itself as slowness in storage (or retrieval) operations.

After that, tell me the following about the camera, please:

How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it.

Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?
Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?
Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?

Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?