Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Canon 7d I'm always video with my cannon 7d ..recently its

Canon 7d I'm always video with my cannon 7d ..recently its started jumping hiccuping ..i wondered if was a mirror problem so i read up and tied it down but its still having problems Help ..i use it daily
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please describe the 'jumping hiccupping' in a little more detail.

Does it happen both when the video is reviewed on the camera, and when the video file is viewed on a computer?

How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it.

How long has the battery or batteries in the camera been in-use?

Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?
Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?
Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?

Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not shocked or dropped ..but is a few years old…jumping happens when recording..Batteries are still rechargeable..usually recording in low light situation (bands)

Does the jumping happen when recording in bright light?

Have you tried adjusting the aperture settings? or is this recording done in Auto Exposure mode ?

What does the jumping look like? I can't picture it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

recording seems fine in good light ..recording in auto exposure..the picture seems to flicker

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would upload a clip of video but i dont think it takes format..i shoot in auto iso and the apeture and shutter speed i change but ive never had flickering problem before

At several years old, your camera is out of warranty.

The flickering might doubtfully be caused by some obscure setting, so if it worked previously, and if that setting is restored to what it was originally, the problem *might* be solved.
So I suggest - if you don't mind having all special settings and/or white balances, etc, erased from your camera - that you might want to try a factory settings reset.

On the Canon 7D, that is done by pressing
MENU
& scroll over to the tab with a wrench and three dots.
Then select
Clear all camera settings
then press SET
then choose OK
and press SET.

Camera's settings will all be cleared back to defaults.

If, after that, the flickering or jumping problem persists, then you have a problem in your camera's electronics controls, that most likely will need having it repair-serviced to cure.

To have your camera repair-serviced, go to
http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/Repair_Information.aspx

for information on the repair process through Canon, &/or go to

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/Services_Locator/
and locate a repair center near you, for 'EOS' cameras (using the Select Filter function, select only that Canon device type).

If this answers your question adequately, please rate my Answer - hopefully, favorably - so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your quesiton. Thanks.