Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

Hi Re my Canon EOS 500D. Whilst using the camera today I

Re my Canon EOS 500D.
Whilst using the camera today I constantly received the Error Code message 05( the built in flash could not be raised)
The light conditions were good and I wouldn't have expected the flash to be required.
The screen suggestion was turn the camera Off and then On again. This I did ,however, it had to be done many times before I could take a picture.
This happened every time I wanted to take a picture.
Does it sound like a repair is required?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is***** a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

This is usually caused by contamination around the hinges on the flash head. Try gently lifting the flash head while pressing the flash release button. Then clean all surfaces and the hinge areas with warm water and a cotton swab.

You can always bypass the automatic flash by using one of the other modes, "P", "S", "A" or "M" modes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Rick ,will give this a try

Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
If there is anything else I can do for you, just ask