Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

My konica minolta dimage Z3 camera will not write pictures

My konica minolta dimage Z3 camera will not write pictures to SD memory card but will read previous cards recorded with it.
Memory card has been checked OK on another camera. Any ideas?
L.H>Phillpotts
24/9/2014
*****@******.***
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
Hi. My name is***** a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.
This is most likely due to one of two reasons. Either the shutter is not working or the CCD image sensor has gone bad. Do you get a preview image on the rear LCD before the picture is taken?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Confirm that a full preview image appears on the rear LCD diisplay.

Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
This one's going to be a puzzle. Normally, if the card reader fails, it will not read or write files to the card. This one reads previous ones so I suspect it is good.

If the CCD failes, you won't have a preview image.

This leaves a shutter failure. This is a common problem with older cameras. The flex cables tend to crack after a few year.

Unfortunately, due to the age of the camera and the fact Minolta has been out of business for over a decade makes repairing the camera impossible.

This may actually be a good thing as you now get to get a new camera. There are hundreds of models on the market today, some of them very reasonable.