Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

Hello I have a Canon Eos 1100D and use Photoshop Elements 9

Customer Question

Hello I have a Canon Eos 1100D and use Photoshop Elements 9 to process my raw files everything was working fine until recently computer broke. Now repaired with new hard drive and motherboard and Photoshop 9 will not recognise any raw files ones taken today or even old ones from when first acquired camera.I always use zoombrowser to view files (and that is showing the raw files)I have re-installed Elements and canon software Thanks very much

ps I forgot to say my system is a HP Pavilion laptop purchased in 2009 working on Vista,in addition to Photoshop not recognising raw files.I am getting the usual messages from microsoft saying there is a converter available.I have never needed one for Canon before (although in the past had to for Olympus and Nikkon files)

While waiting for your reply I have tried opening much older RAW files that have been stored on my external hard drive where most of picture files are none, of these are opening in Elements 9.

All the files on my hard drive that have been previously edited in E9 are showing as XMP , JPG s and CR2 it is the latter that is puzzling me as Elements says it cannot open them and no raw files exist anymore for canon ones.

Should I check even older RAW files such as the ones I processed with a Nikon D70 and an Olympus E120 and Lumix .

I appreciate your answer may take some time but it is 11.50pm BST

I think i will have to take my computer back to the repairer in the morning unless you can help.

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Have you downloaded the Adobe RAW plug-in for your version of elements yet? This is necessary to open RAW files and is available separately from www.Adobe.com.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Rick I had not thought of that.I will try that.Can I come back to you if I still have the same problem?Smile

Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Certainly. Always glad to help.