Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Hi there ,I Have a Samsung st50 camera very little use took

Hi there ,
I Have a Samsung st50 camera very little use took it for a day trip turned it on the screen went glitch multi coloured ! refused to turn off so I took the battery out and reset it ,it went for a little bit then did the same ,I gave up until I got home then I charged the battery one time and for the first time the light on the lead showed orange after a short period ,normally shows red until charged then green when complete, however when I went to turn the camera on it wouldnt ,I thought this was a fault with the battery so I have bought a new one and charged it ,oh and by the way once I did this I tried to charge the old one and found it was charging fine again,i have tested both batteries with a reader now and they are fine but when placed both into camera it will not start ,I have not dropped this camera ever and it has me baffled ,is there no hope or is this repairable or just not worth the fees
many thanks
wayne
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I find the account interesting. There are some things to try yourself:

Try removing the batteries, and leaving the camera on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for overnight. Then put the batteries back in and try the camera again.

Then try cleaning the terminals in the battery compartment, after removing the batteries, first by rubbing off with a fresh pencil eraser, then by wiping the terminals off with cotton swabs moistened in rubbing alcohol, then letting them dry off for 5+ minutes with the battery compartment door open, then try turning the camera On again.

How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it.

Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?
Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?
Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?

Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?