Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Fujifilmfinepix L55My camera is stuck on select frame.how do

Customer Question

Fujifilmfinepix L55My camera is stuck on select frame.how do I get it back to normal mode
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try removing the battery. Leave it that way for 2+ hours or overnight. Then try it again. This will clear the circuitry states and hopefully get the camera out of the state it is in.

How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it.

Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?
Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?
Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?

Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for info.No problems with dropping or any of your other questions.Can you tell me how to remove battery?Looks like a small section in base might be battery but cant open it thank you

The manual - in case you might need it in future - is available for free at
http://www.fujifilm.eu/uploads/tx_fujifilmproducts/downloads/L55-owners-manual.pdf

The battery is to be removed as follows:

The door is on the front upper right corner of the camera, as you face the lens.

Slide the door forward (the way the lens faces), then flip it upward. Then the battery, which is oblong and rectangular, may be pulled out a bit - which will be enough to shut the camera Off.

Let me know how it goes, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry did not answer you earlier Was out for evening.Have taken copy of your advice but cant open battery door.Will be on holiday tomorrow with family and will ask them to help open doorhands not too agile.Thanks for all your help

I understand the situation, thanks to your clear explanation.

(If the battery runs out of power before it is removed, it will have to be recharged, of course, before the camera will work off it again.)

Let me know what happens, at your convenience. Thanks.