Viet - Camera Tech
Viet - Camera Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot digital cameras.
30037186

How do I delete information/pictures on the memory of Nikon

Customer Question

How do I delete information/pictures on the memory of Nikon coolpix P5100
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Viet - Camera Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Brian! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I"m sorry about the issue. To erase pictures from (internal) memory of the camera, please remove the memory card, if any, from the camera first
(Note: if you need to save any picture, please connect the camera to the computer and transfer)

- Now, to delete pictures from memory of camera:

1. Rotate the mode dial to SET UP

2. Then use the multi-selector buttons (Up/Down/Left/Right buttons) to select the option Format memory (or Format card).

3. Then press OK button.

4. Then use the multi-selector buttons to select the option Format, then press OK.

, then you will see all pictures will be deleted.

And if you want to delete pictures from the memory card, then turn off camera, then insert the memory card to the camera, then do the same steps as above.

All Setup menu options:

When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry, I cannot access to set up!

I'm sorry, what exactly happens when you rotate / spin the mode dial to to the SET UP position? Please click on the images below to see:

Mode Dial is at the top of the camera:

The multi-selector (Up/Down/Left/Right buttons) and OK button are at the right of the camera from the front side.

Edit: We've been communicating, but it looks like you are not there. When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below and reply back to me to continue. Thank you,