Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I bought a D700 last week and twice the screen has gone blank

I bought a D700 last week and twice the screen has gone blank and nothing happens when I press shutter. Also, when using Speedlite Di622 flash for Canon ETTL digital cameras I get a a thick black line on one side. Should I get this camera replaced asap?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

What you are describing normally means the lens is not opening or the LCD has failed and needs to be replaced, on rare occasions both.
Either way you would want to return it and exchange it for another as you should not have either problem, both can be a sign of future issues to come.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Camera.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for the advice. I will return the camera asap

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
.