Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Hi Question re Canon Fax Machines Can you confirm the TX/RX

Question re Canon Fax Machines
Can you confirm the TX/RX No. is a 4 digit sequential number allocated by the machine and can not be reset by the user.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I cannot confirm that it is a 4 digit sequential number in all Canon faxing machines including the Intellifax line and the faxing-capable PIXMA line etc. (there are a lot of different Canon faxing-capable machines! to say the least), but one thing is sure: it is not resettable by the user to any signifying extent.

Except perhaps in the case where it has changed abnormally or due to 'breakage' of the device, and when the device is reset as a whole, the TX/RX behavior goes back to normal.

If you need any other details - or more specific details - RE your question, please Reply letting me know. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have received copies of fax records from a client which indicates the numbers are not sequential. I.E. the TX/RX No. on a fax a few days later has an earlier number.

I can confirm they both come from the same machine.

Is this possible?

That's a different matter.

The ID number for a faxing out sent to a given number, should be sequentially and chronologically higher each time, even if interspersed with faxing out ID numbers for other phone numbers sent to... unless the machine was reset (or, reset itself.)

A surge protector for your fax machine, will help it to stay stable in operation, increase its lifetime, and be an investment that will pay off in the long run.