Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

My G9 CAMERA IS NOT GIVING ME SOUND ON THE VIDEO PLAYBACK AND

Customer Question

My G9 CAMERA IS NOT GIVING ME SOUND ON THE VIDEO PLAYBACK AND IS PLAYING BACK AT TWICE THE NORMAL SPEED
Category: Digital Cameras
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Be sure that you have not selected time-lapse recording. In that mode, a long video recording will play back at very fast speed, and will not have any sound. It shoots or records the video that way, and plays back anywhere (on camera or computer).

The fast recording/soundless mode is entered by turning a dial on the back of the camera.

To make quite sure that the problem does not happen again, you need to do a Reset All (or, factory reset of settings) on the camera, which will reset all settings back to factory-issue norms.