Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have a CanonScan 8800F. But I have mislaid the film negative

Customer Question

I have a CanonScan 8800F. But I have mislaid the film negative and slide holders. Is it possible to purchase these still? Or is there a work-around?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Russell H. :

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Russell H. :

The film negative holder for this scanner comes in several sizes. 35 mm is one... which size do you need?

Russell H. :

The slide holder is here:

Russell H. :

(for the 35 mm size):

Russell H. :

and the film negative holder seems to come in just one size (so I got that confused, and I apologize):

Russell H. :

and for a rather more expensive alternative source for the film holder:

http://filmscanusa.net/CanoScan-9000F-MKII-9000F-8800F-9950F-8900F-8600F-8400F-9000F.htm

Russell H. :

If any of these suppliers turns out not to ship to your region, or not have them in stock at the time, then call 1-800-OK-CANON and ask them for a replacement holder of whatever type (and/or size - again, I'm sorry I wasn't clear about that at first).

Russell H. :

And if 35 mm is not the size of holder you are looking for, let me know, and I will look for the other size or sizes that you need.