Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

have a Canon video camera, the CD is not compatable now I have

have a Canon video camera, the CD is not compatable now I have changed to windows 7 can CD be updated?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today but first, I'll need a little more information.

What is the Make and Model of the Canon camera?.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Canon MV600 the CD is for XP windows and I have changed to windows 7. Also I do not wish to give a monthly subscription. your reply is enough.

Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

No monthly subscription required. As to your question, Canon has not come up with an upgrade for Windows 7 or 8. You would need to use Windows Live Movie Maker to import the videos. It is available from the following site

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/movie-maker

About the connection between the camera and computer.

Your camera was designed to connect to a computer via a firewire port. It can be support a firewire connectionlabeled DV, iLink, or 1EEE1934. Your computer must also support firewire transfers to download the video. A USB connection is too slow and the computer will only recognize the still images on an SD card, if the camera is so equipped.