Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I purchased a Power Shot SX220HS camera from Jessops of Hereford

Customer Question

I purchased a Power Shot SX220HS camera from Jessops of Hereford on 10.10.2012. The warranty has expired. Jessops Hereford has closed. Contacted nearest branch, Gloucester (100 miles round trip from home). They told me all their repairs were done via Domestic and General. Phoned them. They gave me your number *********** Tried them for half an hour. No reply. Looked up Canon on internet. So here we are. Help please?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Before we start I need to make sure you understand this is not Canon, I work on their products daily but this site is in no way affiliated with them. This is a paid tech support site called JustAnswer. If you want to go to them directly reply with cancel and their number is +44 (0) 20 7660 0186 Please note that because you no longer have a warranty they may not help. If you want to continue look directly at the lens and let me know if it is centered.
.