michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

Power Shot SX220HS. Not working. Need repair

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today

Customer:

before we begin i would like to tell you that we are not Canon however you have posted your camera question with www.justanswer.co.uk.

Customer:

we are online tech support service provider.

Customer:

i see you have a Power Shot SX220HS digital camera if you can tell me the problem you are facing i can help you fix or identify the problem and if its a hardware fault or electronics inside then you would need a repair technician.

JACUSTOMER-6xafizxi- :

Aperture has stopped partially open last evening. Recharged battery. No difference. Camera will not work

Customer:

are you able to open and close the zoom lens

JACUSTOMER-6xafizxi- :

No

Customer:

was the camera used in any sandy beach or so

JACUSTOMER-6xafizxi- :

Camera used as usual in the living room. Nothing whatsoever interferring with the camera

Customer:

what is the position of the lens right now contracted or zoomed out

JACUSTOMER-6xafizxi- :

Partially zoomed out.

Customer:

remove the batteries and then try to tap few times on the sides of the camera body and slowly try to push it in the inner position

Customer:

do not apply heavy force

JACUSTOMER-6xafizxi- :

Will try that

Customer:

ok

Customer:

let me know if the lens goes in fine

JACUSTOMER-6xafizxi- :

Have done that and pushed the aperture into closed position. The protective cover has not closed.

Customer:

the protective covers are getting jammed due some sand or other foreign object all you have to do is try using your finget to one of the cover side to push in and out.

JACUSTOMER-6xafizxi- :

I have tried that. The protective cover closes but springs back to semi open position

Customer:

now insert the battery and then power on and off few times

Customer:

tap on the sides when you try to zoom is its not moving forward

JACUSTOMER-6xafizxi- :

I have put battery back in and tried camera. Now operating ok tahnk you.

JACUSTOMER-6xafizxi- :

What do I get back from my £60 payment? Anything.

Customer:

try to turn off and on few times to make sure its working fine

JACUSTOMER-6xafizxi- :

Have operated a few time. Camera OK

Customer:

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and if you have more tech question feel free to ask.

JACUSTOMER-6xafizxi- :

Excellent service.

JACUSTOMER-6xafizxi- :

I am concerned that I offered £60 because I expected postage etc, etc. All answers have been provided by computer. I am most grateful; but do I get some of my £60 back?

Customer:

basically i told you earlier that we are online tech support company we provide solution and give instructions online via computer and internet we fix 89% of the electronics problem online after doing troubleshooting steps how if we identify hardware faults then there repair comes on the second part of fixing.

Customer:

in case we cannot get the unit fixed then we suggest repair.

JACUSTOMER-6xafizxi- :

JACUSTOMER-6xafizxi- :

But I am a little worried. I have to work for 6 hours to get £60. Is there on rebate on this help which I have appreciated?

Customer:

i will definitely help you in that case.

Customer:

i would appreciate if you finish the rating i will send a request to the customer care to breakup the amount as you would like to go for partial payment

Customer:

i will give you the customer care number to follow up as well.

Customer:

click on the smiley face and hit submit and then hit ok the rating will be completed

Customer:

then i will raise a ticket to my category moderator and will give you the number toll free to call customer care for the same.

Customer:

let me know if you have any question.

JACUSTOMER-6xafizxi- :

Thank you so much for your consideration.

JACUSTOMER-6xafizxi- :

Best respects Alf Jenkins MBE

Customer:

Thank you for providing us with an opportunity to assist you and thank you for choosing Justanswer. Regards

Call our Toll-Free Customer Service
US/Canada : 1.888.862.9212
Available 6am to 6pm PST
International
Available 24/7 for calls from outside US/Canada:
Australia : 1800-679-634
New Zealand : 0800-452-621
United Kingdom : 0808-189-0970
The rest of the world : 1-650-385-2899