Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

My Canon Powershot SX200 IS is absolutely jammed. We tried

Customer Question

My Canon Powershot SX200 IS is absolutely jammed. We tried taking out the memory card in case the switch on the side was at fault, but the screen just shows "memory card error".
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
If you have no card at all in the camera what does it do?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The flash pops up and the zoom comes out, the screen says "No memory Card" -- and AUTO in the right hand corner. I am really not technical as you can tell!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok that is actually a good sign, that means it is working properly other than the card reader portion. Can you try a different card so we can rule that out? The cards unfortunately do eventually fail. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will buy a new memory card tomorrow, how do I get back to you?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You can get back to me by going to justanswer.co.uk and clicking on my questions at the top.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks a lot. H.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome.
.