Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

I have a Canon EFS 17-85 LENS which has stopped autofocusing.

Customer Question

I have a Canon EFS 17-85 LENS which has stopped autofocusing. In manual I can still focus and the lens bleeps and the red dot appears when in focus. any idea what the problem might be?
Yours hopefully
Jon Sale
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

The problem is most likely a defective AF motor assembly. These have been known to go bad and cause the problem you are experiencing. This really isn’t a user serviceable problem and should be repaired by a qualified technician. You may want to check locally for a camera repair shop in your area, or, if you need assistance finding a shop, please let me know and I'll locate one for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for your help

Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome.
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Just a quick follow-up to see if I can be of further assistance.