michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

Hi have just installed a Canon printer It did prints at first

Customer Question

Hi have just installed a Canon printer It did prints at first but when I have gone to print again it says error there is an E flashing or a one or a seven flashing When I go to print from my iPad it says there is an error with your printer .if I pay to have my question answered what happens if my printer is still not working
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Customer:

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Customer:

please remove the cartridges...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable
manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
Now check the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved for any stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it.
once done turn the unit back on and check

Customer:

let me know if still you get the same error code or it changes to a different error code

JACUSTOMER-t2dvdahz- : Still the same The printer is starting out as if it's going to print and it makes different noises as if it's going to work but it doesn't
Customer:

is it still flashing the E

JACUSTOMER-t2dvdahz- : At the moment it just says one
Customer:

ok...

Customer:

please open and close the front door , feed tray and scanner cover

Customer:

turn off printer and unplug power cord

JACUSTOMER-t2dvdahz- : Done
Customer:

keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs

Customer:

wait for 2 mins

Customer:

plug in power cord and turn on

Customer:

try printing

JACUSTOMER-t2dvdahz- : Done
Customer:

did it print

JACUSTOMER-t2dvdahz- : No
Customer:

ok

Customer:

is the front dorr open or closed

JACUSTOMER-t2dvdahz- : Open my iPad says check your printer for errorsprinter is now flashing one or 7 or e
Customer:

this error is a service error

Customer:

does the orange light blink 3 times

JACUSTOMER-t2dvdahz- : What should I do now
Customer:

does the orange light blink 3 times

Customer:

please let me know how old is this printer

Customer:

also let me know if there has been a paper jam recently

JACUSTOMER-t2dvdahz- : It's a brand-new printer I only had it installed yesterday there has been no paper jam What lights do you want me to tell you is flashing
Customer:

ok..an e17 flashing means that the door sensor is detecting that some tray\door is not closed

Customer:

remove all paper from feed tray and close the tray

Customer:

then check if still error comes up

JACUSTOMER-t2dvdahz- : How can I print if the paper door is closed
Customer:

no keep the dorr open

Customer:

i only want you to remove all paper and then send a print

Customer:

does it change error to no paper or still flashes e17

JACUSTOMER-t2dvdahz- : Still flashes e17
Customer:

what is the model# ***** the printer

JACUSTOMER-t2dvdahz- : Mg3250
Customer:

ok...do you see a resume button on the printer

JACUSTOMER-t2dvdahz- : Not sure. What will it look like
Customer:

triangle in a circle

Customer:

inverted triangle to be precise

Customer:

would have stop\reset mentioned maybe

JACUSTOMER-t2dvdahz- : There is a triangle Within a circle
Customer:

yes thats the one

Customer:

thats the stop\reset button

Customer:

try the below sequence

JACUSTOMER-t2dvdahz- : What do you want me to do with it
Customer:

1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding
the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a
service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button 4 times

Customer:

once done try a print

JACUSTOMER-t2dvdahz- : Still the same sorry
Customer:

ok

Customer:

we have tried all manual cleaning and machine reset procedures

Customer:

but since this is a service error itself there will be advanced steps required to fix this

Customer:

as you have mentioned that this is a brand new printer, i would suggest to get this printer serviced within warranty as thses advanced steps, that i will suggest if you try on your own will void the warranty cover

Customer:

there is one more thing that i would like to say

Customer:

since this is brand new and you are using for first time, i would suggest to get this exchanged for another printer because this kind of fault is not usual on a new printer

Customer:

this error indicates a sensor fault and such errors come up when machine has been used for 2-3 years

Customer:

i would suggest to contact the store from where you got it and ask them to exchange this for another printer

Customer:

i hope you understand that in case of a mechanical fault\service error i can only suggest steps that would not void warranty cover of the unit

Customer:

let me know if you have any questions

Customer:

please click on a smiley face below to rate my service if you are satisfied with the information i have shared

JACUSTOMER-t2dvdahz- : It seems to be printing at the moment but the printing is coming out all doubled so you can't read anything
Customer:

ok that could be due to a mechanics issue with the printhead alignment

Customer:

try this

Customer:

Press Setup on the HOME screen.

Customer:

Then maintainence and then autohead alignment

Customer:

once the alignment is complete try printing and let me know