RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

Hi,I have a Canon EOS 60D. I only have one AF focus

Hi, I have a Canon EOS 60D. I only have one AF focus point showing when I shoot, not the nine I used to have. I haven't purposely changed any settings to make this happen, so am not sure what I've done. I've got a Canon 18-55 mm lens attached at present. The last time I used the camera with this lens, there were definitely nine focus points as I was practising changing them. Hope you can help. Bev

Edit:  The only point I have showing is the centre one.

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 2 years ago.

Since you have the manual this should be simple. You may have hit the focus point selection button accidentally and set it to center. Look at page 78. Press the Focus point selection button and arrrow right to change it to multiple.

If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert
Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is
complete and you are satisfied.

If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That doesn't make any difference. There is only the one centre point showing, so I can't select a different one. I did try what you suggested in case it would show when I arrowed right, but it didn't.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay, are not receiving timely notifications of your replies.

Please reset the camera to th default settings using the instructions below from page 51 of your manual. In order for the 3rd wrench tab to show, in the menu, you must first put the menu dial on M (manual) or P (program) before pressing the menu button.

graphic

This will return the af points to multiple (auto).

complete and you are satisfied.