michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have a Canon MP 230. There is a support code 1700 The ink

Customer Question

I have a Canon MP 230. There is a support code 1700
The ink absorber is almost full. Press the printer start button to continue printing.
Have done that it will not print
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Customer:

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Customer:

ink waste absorber full error message indicates that the ink absorber pad is full and needs cleaning

Ink absorber pad is a sponge pad that absorbs excess ink during printing and routine cleaning processes

Customer:

when this pad gets full it needs to be replaced as there is a risk of ink getting spilled in in the internal circuit of the machine

JACUSTOMER-zru9p0fu- :

Where is it and how do I replace it

Customer:

there is however a ink counter taht needs to be reset that might flash this error

Customer:

how old is thsi printer

Customer:

and how often is it used for printing

Customer:

try this sequence..Turn off printer by pressing the power button
press the Stop\reset button and press Power button.
Keep holding down Power button and release Stop\reset button
Press ResumeStop\reset button 2 times then release BOTH buttons
Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
When green lights are solid, press the Stop\reset button 4 times.
Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.

Customer:

once done try printing and let me know the status

JACUSTOMER-zru9p0fu- :

Oct 2013 and every day. It is the yellow light that is flashing

Customer:

ok

Customer:

try the sequence i gave above

JACUSTOMER-zru9p0fu- :

keep trying

Customer:

let me know the status

Customer:

ok...so is it still flashing the same code

JACUSTOMER-zru9p0fu- :

keep trying

Customer:

In that case, the ink absorber will need to be replaced

Customer:

as the unit is more than 1 year ...its out of warranty

Customer:

if you slide the carriage cradle at one end...then beneath it you would be bale to see a sponge pad

Customer:

that is the ink absorber...you can take that out...clean it with warm water so taht all ink comes out...let it dry for few hours and then reinsert and check

Customer:

if the printer still repeats the error code, you can buy a replacement ink absorber from any local printer repair store or directly from canon

Customer:

let me give you the contact# ***** canon

Customer:

44 (0) 20 7660 0186

Customer:

let me know if you have any questions

Customer:

i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults\consumable replacement\jams..i can only suggest the steps but cannot make a bad part work again

Customer:

you may click on a smiley face below if your question has been answered...Thanks for choosing Just answer

Customer:

Wishing you and your family Merry Christmas

Customer:

you may click on a smiley face below and click submit to complete the rating

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.