Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

Hi I have a canon ixus 135 camera, my my photos seem to have

Customer Question

Hi I have a canon ixus 135 camera, my my photos seem to have been deleted when trying to import them onto my iPad how can I retrieve them from the ds card I took them on
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

It is possible to recover deleted images or images that have been reformatted as long as the space they occupied on the card has not been recorded over.

There are many excellent video recovery programs on the market today. The one I use most is Photo Rescue available at the site below. It's not free but I've found it invaluable on many occasions. It is easy to use and very thorough.

http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi can you tell me if there is a shop I can take the sd card into as this did not work on my iPad?
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Actually, most all camera shops should have the software needed to recover images on an SD card. You might want to check locally for a camera shop in your area who offers this service or, if you can give me your exact location, I'll locate one for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would be most grateful as I'm in the dog house for deleting 12 family photos but I really don't know how I did it!
Yes ch492sw greasby Wirral
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry. What I need is Citty and district you live in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi it's Wirral Merseyside
Postcode ch49 2 sw
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
I hate to admit it, but I live in Denver, CO and am not familiar with many camera shops in the UK. I can however, provide you with a link to a directory of repair shops, one of which should be in your area and able to help.

http://www.acecam.com/uk-camera-repair.html
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Haha oh dear I'm in England! I'll try the link and hopefully find a shop that can help
Many thanks for your help and merry christmas
Gill
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Hi Gill

I noticed you live close to Liverpool and there are several listings for camera shops. You may be able to find one closer with the right system to recover the card.