Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have purchased a Canon EF-M. I want to fit it to my Opticron

Customer Question

I have purchased a Canon EF-M. I want to fit it to my Opticron Telescope, for which I do have the correct adaptor/s. However, although the video works OK, the camera will not take 'stills'. I am embarrassed to mention (but must be honest) that the 'camera to opticron fitting is 'not' proprietary. My question is this. IF I was to purchase a proprietary 'Canon' adaptor, will I then be able to take 'stills' ? (camera 'is' set to fire without lens)Please advise BJS
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would be more certain about my answer in this case, if I knew how exactly you set the camera to ignore the lack of a lens assembly.

Is it through this setting screen, and did you choose Enable and confirm the choice of setting?:

graphic

If so, the question is: Did you find that, with a lens assembly mounted on the EF-M, you were able to take still photos?

If not, then you have a defective camera body, simply speaking, in all likelihood. Return it at once for an exchange for an equivalent or identical Canon camera in good working condition, I advise. Soon, before the exchange period runs out.