carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

A couple of years ago i bought my daughter a Cannon Ixus 323061003441

Customer Question

A couple of years ago i bought my daughter a Cannon Ixus 323061003441 and not long after the lens stuck so as requested I sent it to your Scottish agent for repair. It has been fine since until this week when the same fault re-occured. So what do I do now?
Donald F Cameron
Croft Barn
Greystoke Gill
Greystoke
Cumbria CA 11 0UQ
*****@******.***
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.
I am sorry to hear you are having trouble again have you checked to see if the camera is still under warranty sometimes when a camera goes back for repair under warranty the warranty gets extended for another year.
This is what I normally suggest to try and there is a web link with some more information.
Many Camera faults are caused by dust and grit getting into the lens workings and stopping it coming out or stopping sensors working out where the lens is.
Sometimes tapping the camera into your hand when turning the camera on or off can help with freeing stuck lenses.
If you have access to some air in a can or air compressor you could try gently blowing some air around the lens to see if that will help, also brushing around the lens with a small brush might help free any dust.
There is some good information here on camera repair.
http://camerarepair.blogspot.co.uk/2007/12/fixing-lens-error-on-digital-camera.html
If you need a camera repairer this company seems to repair most cameras.
www.camerarepairworkshop.co.uk