Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

On EOS 5D How do a fit a new rubber flap to cover the digital

On EOS 5D How do a fit a new rubber flap to cover the digital and video sockets? The two rubber bits will not go into the holes at the top, does the camera need taking apart to fit this piece?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

The side plate does indeed need to be removed in order to replace the rubber cover. Not only do the prongs need to fit through the slots in the side plate, they also must fit into place on the frame inside. Not particularly difficult, you should be able to remove the side plate without removing any of the other casing parts. Be sure to remove the 2 small screws umder the front grip. It's better to remove the rubber grip completely. You will also need to remove the small battery at the bottom of the side plate. The holder is held in by a small screw.