michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I HAVE MX885 PRINTER. I CHANGED ALL INK CARTIGED AND GOT PRINTER

Customer Question

I HAVE MX885 PRINTER. I CHANGED ALL INK CARTIGED AND GOT PRINTER ERROR 5BOO
AND I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Customer:

The error code is a service error indicating ink absorber full. usually this involves getting the absorber replaced and for the same the unit needs to be serviced

however, there is an intermediate reset step that you may try

Customer:

1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding
the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a
service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified 4 times

Customer:

once done turn on unit and check

Customer:

if the error code repeats then the ink absorber pads would need to be replaced. The ink absorber collects excess ink during routine maintenance and printing. when it gets full it needs to be replaced as there is a risk of ink spillage within the printer. the unit would need to be serviced. if within warranty you can get it done through canon else through a local repair store
let me know if you have any questions

Customer:

i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults, i can only diagnose the fault and suggest reset steps but cannot make a bad part work again

Customer:

please click on a smiley face below to complete the rating if your question has been answered

Customer:

thanks for choosing just answer

Customer:

you may click on a smiley face below and click submit