michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

new canon printer mg6450. used with IMac. Prints reverse

Customer Question

new canon printer mg6450. used with IMac. Prints reverse but to read back of the page need to turn the page upside down. Is there something I can do so it prints the same way up front and back.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Customer:

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Customer:

please try the below

Customer:

from the apple menu, select system preferences

Customer:

click on Print & Scan in the system preferences and select Options & Supplies for your printer. In there, do you see an option for Duplex Unit..

JACUSTOMER-cvf4vbf2- :

Hi Michelle

JACUSTOMER-cvf4vbf2- :

opened O and S but there is no option for duplex unit.

Customer:

hi

Customer:

ok

Customer:

what kind of file are you trying to print

Customer:

document, email etc

JACUSTOMER-cvf4vbf2- :

a word file

Customer:

ok..

Customer:

open the word document..then click on file menu

1. Select 'Print'

2. In the Print Dialog Box select 'Paper Handling' from the pop-up menu.

3. From the Page Order pop-up menu select from 'Reverse', 'Normal' or 'Automatic'. and set it to automatic

Customer:

after that print and let me know if there is any chnage

Customer:

change*

JACUSTOMER-cvf4vbf2- :

Had to go into layout first and select reverse printing. then I went to page order and selected automatic - it then came out as I initially described i.e. you have to turn the 2nd page upside down to read

Customer:

ok

Customer:

is reverse printing checked

Customer:

...if you uncheck reverse printing then what is the result

JACUSTOMER-cvf4vbf2- :

If I do not select it it simply prints script on two separate pages

Customer:

ok..would it be fine if i remote access and check the settings

JACUSTOMER-cvf4vbf2- :

yes

Customer:

ok..i will give you the link

Customer:

click here

Customer:

in page that opens agree and install the elsinore software

Customer:

let me know once its installed and connected

JACUSTOMER-cvf4vbf2- :

says it cannnot extract the exe file

Customer:

ok

Customer:

let me give you another alternate link

Customer:

do you have teamviewer installed on your computer

Customer:

if not open the below link

JACUSTOMER-cvf4vbf2- :

Computer refuses to extract the exe file

Customer:

no problems

Customer:

click on below link

Customer:

in the page that opens click on start full version

Customer:

download and run the file

Customer:

once teamviewer window opens let me know the id and pswd on left side

Customer:

do not close teamviewer

Customer:

it seems you are offline ....let me know whenever you wish to continue as there are steps to be tried further

JACUSTOMER-cvf4vbf2- :

Thanks Michelle

JACUSTOMER-cvf4vbf2- :

Thanks Michelle - I couldnt open your exe file so I had another look - and stumbled on the answer. When you elect to go double sided you have to go for a side or top margin. I was going for a top margin and that was the problem. It assumed it was a flip over page which meant the text would need to be "upside down" to read the right side up. By using the side margin it then prints as a book where you simply turn over the page. Hope that makes sense. Anyway its working well now. Thanks for the help Peter

Customer:

thanks for the update

Customer:

do let me know if you have any other questions

Customer:

please click on a smiley face below if your question has been answered

Customer:

thanks for choosing just answer

Customer:

you may click on a smiley below and click submit now