Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Getting a Code 300 message, but have opened the printer and

Getting a Code 300 message, but have opened the printer and there is no paper jammed or even a scrap of paper left in the machine! Could there be a sensor error and its reading that there is a paper jam?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Yes a sensor failing can cause this. But also a very small piece of paper may still be stuck.
First, what is the make and model of the printer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

MX535. I have never had a jam.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** rules out a piece of paper being stuck in one of the sensors and confirms it as either the firmware or the sensor itself.
To eliminate the firmware as the issue, can you remove power to the printer and wait 10 minutes.
This will clear the memory.
Then power up the printer and tell me if you still get the issue please Desmond.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The machine has been powered of overnight, and when I switched on this morning I get the same problem!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** know it is one of the paper sensors that has failed.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by de-powering it
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have the sensor replace. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This machine was bought at Tesco's in Belfast about 9 months ago. I presume they don't have a returns policy!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes it will, it has a minimum 1 year warranty, so you just need t return it to the place of purchase. They then will organise the repair or a refund (if they deem the repair to costly) for you.
Feel free to ask if you would like any additional information please.